POSITION: ON-SITE SECURITY FOR KIHEW FABCO FABRICATOIN SHOP (Located in Melville SK)
DEPARTMENT: KIHEW FABCO FABRICATION SHOP
CLASSIFICATION: TERM: 3 MONTHS
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 13th, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
The Kahkewistahaw First Nation is looking for 2 highly motivated and dedicated individuals to fill the positions of the On-Site Security at the Kihew Fabco Fabrication Shop located in Melville SK.
The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring the after-hours security for the fabrication shop. The candidates will be tasked with patrols and inspections of the protected properties, with the goal of mitigating, and responding to fire, theft, vandalism, illegal activity, and any other threats to the security of property.
You will be the first line of defense against many of these threats and will often make the initial contact with appropriate Emergency Response organizations, such as EMS, Police, and Fire departments. You are a problem solver and can make quick decisions under stressful situations. You will document evidence and complete daily reports outlining observations and activities during assigned shifts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hourly perimeter walks around the welding shop
- Hourly equipment checks
- Journal entries of any and all activities including date, time and type of suspicious activity. This includes incidents with wildlife that may pose a danger or threat to the property and/or equipment
- Daily reports to be submitted to the Shop Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Security Guard Certificate OR previous experience in working in a role of security
- First Aid CPR Certification
- Must possess a valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
- Cellphone (must be available to take calls and texts)
- Available to work Modified Shifts (11hr shifts 8:00PM – 7:00 AM) during the week, weekends, including holidays.
- Must be of a pleasant, professional manner as well as being punctual, reliable, well organized and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
- Must be well organized and able to work with minimum or no supervision.
- Must provide three (3) current written references along with updated resume.
- Submit a current criminal record check (CPIC) and drug screen test, if selected for position.
SUBMIT TO: Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview.