Kahkewistahaw Economic Management Corp. (“KEMC”) is seeking an experienced operations-focused Accountant to assist with the daily management and operations of KEMC and its subsidiaries operating in the retail fuel, convenience and hospitality industries. As an ideal candidate, you will have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments toward maximum productivity. Reporting to the CFO, your ultimate responsibility is to ensure accurate financial reporting and efficient operations.
- Perform and/or oversee accounts payable, billing, and accounts receivable
- Work closely with operations teams to provide necessary information and maintain accurate records
- Review general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries
- Reconcile sub-ledger to general account balances
- Maintain fixed assets schedules
- Perform bank reconciliation, and inter-company reconciliation
- Prepare monthly and yearly financial statements.
- Gather information and generate ongoing financial reports.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, enhancement, and customization’s that meet business requirements
- Assist with creation of operational processes and best practices
- Participate in audits.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration
- Strong understanding of the retail fuel and/or hospitality industries
- CPA designation (candidates who are working towards a designation may be considered)
- Have a minimum of three years of full cycle accounting experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills, capable of writing complicated formulas and comfortable with financial modeling.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and organizational skills, with a good dose of common-sense and initiative
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations for self and team
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Smart, fun, goal oriented and driven by integrity
- Not afraid to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Superuser of QuickBooks Enterprise both desktop and online version
- Commensurate with experience
Type of Employment
- This is a full-time salaried position based in Yorkton, SK. Travel will be necessary.
Please send resume and cover letter electronically to: email@example.com.
Application deadline July 31, 2021.