POSITION: ALICE FRANCIS DAYCARE/CKCS COOK
DEPARTMENT: CHIEF KAHKEWISTAHAW COMMUNITY SCHOOL
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME
WAGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
The AFD/CKCS Cook will provide breakfast, lunch and snacks to the children at the Alice Francis
Daycare and Head Start program, and they will also assist the Breakfast & Lunch Coordinator with the hot
lunch program. This position will be supervised by the Principal of the Chief Kahkewistahaw Community
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Prepare healthy meals as per the Canada Food Guide and provide bi-weekly menus for staff and
2. Follow safe and sanitary food handling procedures.
3. Must have strong organizational skills.
4. Possess the ability to maintain the management of the kitchen.
5. Assist the Daycare/Head Start staff with light cleaning duties to ensure facility is clean and always
6. Be a team player and can work with little or no supervision.
7. Have the ability to maintain professionalism in all situations.
8. Be visibly present until the completion of breakfast, lunch and snack services.
9. Any other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Possess a grade 12 or equivalent
2. Safe Food Handling Level I certificate and knowledge of the Canada Food Guide and Nutrition
3. Work experience in a related field of two (2) years would be a definite asset.
4. Must have strong organizational skills and work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Must have strong written and oral communication skills
6. Be punctual, dependable, and reliable and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
7. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
8. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team member and must be able to take direction.
9. Must have excellent communication skills to deal with the students, teaching staff, public,
membership, external organizations and Chief and Council.
10. Must possess basic computer knowledge.
11. Possess a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
12. Submit three (3) references along with updated resume.
13. Provide current criminal records check and drug screen result within thirty days if chosen as the
DEADLINE: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 @ 4:30 pm
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #265
Fax: (306) 696-3201