POSITION: BREAKFAST AND LUNCH COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: CHIEF KAHKEWISTAHAW COMMUNITY SCHOOL
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Breakfast & Lunch Coordinator and will be supervised by
the school Principal at Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School. He/ she will be responsible to
ensure, implement schedules and serve breakfast and lunch to the 200 plus students in
elementary, middle years and high school and head start. This will be a program offered Monday
through Friday throughout the academic school year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Have experience and knowledge with coordinating meal services to the students.
2. Plan menus and prepare meals on nutritional standards and the school meal program.
3. Ensure all kitchen surfaces, utensils and equipment are clean; wipe tables, trays and
4. Maintain order and discipline.
5. Guide the children through the serving line and to designated eating areas.
6. Follow safe and sanitary food handling procedures.
7. Responsible for planning, reparation, service costing for breakfast and lunch services.
8. Supervise the kitchen and cafeteria and ensure safety policies and procedures are
9. Possess the ability to maintain the management of the kitchen.
10. Be a team player and have the ability to work with little or no supervision.
11. Have the ability to maintain professionalism in all situations.
12. Be visibly present until the completion of breakfast and lunch service.
13. Perform any and all other related duties noted above at the request of the Principal or
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Possess a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
2. Safe Food Handling Level I certificate and knowledge of the Canada Food Guide and
3. Work experience in a related field would be a definite asset.
4. Strong organization and management skills to include financial planning.
5. Have excellent administrative and financial skills, e.g. Budgeting, reporting and
6. Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
7. Strong leadership and conflict management skills.
8. Must be punctual, reliable, and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
9. Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, possess excellent time
management skills, take direction and work with minimal supervision.
10. Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
11. Submit a pre-employment drug screen and current Criminal Records check within thirty
days of commencing employment.
12. Must provide three (3) current references along with updated resume.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #265
Fax: (306) 696-3201