POSITION: CKCS COMMUNITY LIAISON
DEPARTMENT: CHIEF KAHKEWISTAHAW COMMUNITY SCHOOL
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT – FULL TIME
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Community Liaison is a support position for the Students at Chief
Kahkewistahaw Community School. He/she will be supervised by the Principal and accountable to Chief
& Council. The Community Liaison in most instances shall be involved cooperatively in a liaison role
with parents, teachers, and students in counseling situation with the objective to improve learning,
educational opportunities and assist to reach expected personal goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide consultative and advisory service and act as a liaison between students, parents, school
staff, and other professional personnel.
2. Shall be responsible for establishing a file on every student that includes record of attendance,
referral reports, corrective recommendation and actions, follow-up procedures and any other
matter pertaining to the student’s education program.
3. As an essential part of all counseling, the School Liaison should teach students/parents how to
make good decisions and assist students/parents to set proper attainable personal goals.
4. Shall report to the Education Committee monthly or more often if necessary.
5. Shall attend all meetings of staff, parents, and case conferences.
6. The School Liaison shall be familiar with all Education Committee policy as pertained to
7. Shall monitor the schoolwork of students who are absent due to chronic illness, those who are on
home study programs.
8. Obtain a projected list of pre-school children for school and ensure that all students are registered
with the Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School.
9. Investigate student problems as soon as they are identified.
10. Shall assist in the preparation of the Nominal Roll.
11. Shall be responsible for maintaining records of distribution and supply inventory for all tuition
12. Maintain a daily log of performance of duties and responsibilities.
13. Liaison for the student transportation program. Develop bussing routes to ensure that all students
have access to transportation. Assist in arranging transportation to parent teacher interviews.
14. Do home visits to provide an opportunity for all students/parents to voice any concerns when
15. Arrange for traditional counselling of students with Elders and ensure all protocols of Elder
engagement are practiced.
16. Assume any other related duties as may be assigned by the Principal, the Director of Education,
or the Education Committee.
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Possess a minimum of Grade 12, some post-secondary education and 2 – 3 years’ experience
working with students.
2. Strong organization and management skills to include financial planning.
3. Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
4. Strong leadership and conflict management skills.
5. Must be punctual, reliable, and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
6. Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, possess excellent time management skills,
take direction and work with minimal supervision.
7. Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
8. Submit a pre-employment drug screen and current Criminal Records check prior to the
commencement of employment.
9. Must provide three (3) current references along with updated resume.
DEADLINE: December 31, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201