POSITION: CKCS CUSTODIAN (3)
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME
WAGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The CKCS Custodian shall work in the Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School under the direction and
supervision of the Principal in coordination with the Director of Education. The duties shall be usually associated
with the general care, and cleanliness of the school building, including the Alice Francis Daycare & Head Start.
The Custodian shall follow the order or regulations that may be issued by the Fire Commissioner’s Office, Labor
Act, Department of Health or the Education Committee. The Custodian shall establish and maintain a good
working rapport with the Maintenance Supervisor, Principal, teachers, students, the Director of Education and
the Chief and Council.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
It shall be the duty of the CKCS Custodian to do the following on a daily basis:
1. Dust and disinfect all high-touch surfaces including all ledges, shelves, vents, and windowsills;
2. clean and disinfect all bathrooms, sinks, toilets and urinals;
3. Remove and dispose all garbage, litter and refuse;
4. Clean all classroom and daycare/head start garbage containers;
5. Vacuum and clean all carpets, rugs, and mats; including daycare and head start
6. Clean glass and windows in all doors;
7. Wet mop all bathroom floors;
8. Disinfect toilet bowls. urinals, sinks and fountains;
9. Clean, disinfect, and polish all water fountains;
10. Wash all furniture, desks, chairs, walls, doors, and windows.
11. Refill all bathroom supplies;
12. Cleaning and ensuring that all entrances and hallways remain free of obstruction and litter;
13. On leaving, secure or lock all doors and set alarm systems; Ensure that security and safety measures are in place in
the establishment at all times;
14. Keep the custodian’s rooms clean and tidy; keep all chemicals in safe place;
15. Maintain a neat and clean personal appearance in keeping with that expected from any staff members;
16. Keep the grounds and building walls free of objectionable markings;
17. Daycare hallways/entrances to be dusted, mopped
18. Report plumbing, electrical. heating and any other required repairs to the Maintenance Supervisor; 19. Perform any
other duties assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Principal;
20. In general, keep the building and grounds properly clean and neat, and in a safe, sanitary, and attractive condition at
21. Respect and treat all students, teachers, and visitors in a friendly and cordial manner.
22. Any other duties as assigned by the Immediate Supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1.Possess a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent with some custodial experience.
2.Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to function as a team member.
3.Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment.
4.Be able to understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products.
5.Possess the ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal supervision, in a timely and efficient manner.
6.Have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with the public, students, staff members,
Education Committee and Chief and Council.
7.Must be punctual, dependable and reliable.
8.Submit a current vulnerable sector check and drug test report within 30 days of employment offer.
9.Possess a class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, August 9, 2022 @4:30 PM
Human Resource Department
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #265
Fax: (306) 696-3201