POSITION: OFFICE MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: CHIEF KAHKEWISTAHAW COMMUNITY SCHOOL
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Office Manager for the Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School is a support position that works
directly with the Principal and is under the daily supervision of the Principal .and accountable to the
Kahkewistahaw Chief and Council. The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office
administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The
Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining
administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for maintaining budgets, preparing reports, supervising staff, and overseeing the
successful operation of the school office and duties.
2. Student Data: administration of the student data system (MySchoolSask) and collect of student
3. Communications: draft memos, letters, and other communique for the principal. Run the school’s
social media accounts. Draft proposals and reports to support funding needs.
4. Asset Tracking: ensure assets are accounted for and tracked.
5. Operations of CKCS: oversee the operations of support staff and assist with scheduling.
6. Ensure the successful operation of the facility and supervision of the facility staff.
7. Ensure the successful operation of nutrition programs and nutrition staff.
8. Ensure the successful operation of the school liaison program and supervision of liaison staff.
9. Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external personnel and/or
10. Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are
organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are
reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored.
11. Analyze and monitor internal processes.
12. Manage internal staff relations.
13. Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
14. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Possess a grade 12 or equivalent, with some post-secondary education and 3-5 years of experience
in the administration, management, and supervisory roles.
2. Possess the ability to take direction from the Principal and work with minimal supervision.
3. Exceptional organizational and time-management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and
skills to include financial planning.
4. Experience with MySchoolSask student database.
5. Competent in Microsoft Office products including work and excel.
6. Knowledge of the school system and how it runs, able to navigate difficult situations with staff and
7. Skilled communicator able to produce communication documents with little or no support.
8. Must have good written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with the general public,
employees, teaching staff, external agencies and Chief and Council.
9. Ensure confidential matters remain confidential.
10. Be able to work with other employees and work with minimal supervision.
11. Possess certificates in First Aid and CPR.
12. Have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
13. Must provide three (3) current references along with updated resume.
14. Submit a current up-to-date vulnerable sector check and drug screen.
DEADLINE: Thursday, September 21, 2023 @ 4:30PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #265
Fax: (306) 696-3201