POSITION: CKCS BUS DRIVER
DEPARTMENT: CHIEF KAHKEWISTAHAW COMMUNITY SCHOOL
WAGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School (CKCS) is currently seeking a dedicated and safety-minded School Bus Driver to join our team. Reporting to the CKCS Principal, this is an essential role that offers job security. A flexible schedule and allows you to make a difference on the front line by transporting our children to school. The school bus driver will ensure the safe and systematic transportation of students to and from school according to the procedure set out by the Kahkewistahaw Education Committee. The bus driver will be respectful of the children, parents, staff and community members and ensure a clean, safe and well-maintained environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide safe transportation for students to and from school.
- It is the bus driver’s responsibility to maintain the bus to meet or exceed Saskatchewan Government Insurance Safety Standards and Certification at all times.
- The bus driver may assign seats to the students.
- The bus driver for the Nursery and Kindergarten students will provide yard pick-up.
- Bus drivers are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of all passengers on their school bus, this includes any misconduct and should be reported to the guidance counsellor.
- Bus drivers shall maintain a clean bus inside and out.
- Bus drivers shall maintain a current and accurate daily record of all students riding to and from school on their bus.
- All bus drivers/contractors are responsible to attend any busing meetings.
- Must be a cooperative member of the school educational team.
- Shall assume any other duties as may be assigned by the Immediate Supervisor.
- All bus drivers must possess an appropriate driver’s license, with a valid “S” Endorsement card.
- Substitute bus drivers must be approved by the Education Committee, and must hold a current and valid driver’s license, along with a valid “S” Endorsement card.
- Certificates in First Aid and CPR.
- Must own a reliable vehicle.
- Assist in providing a safe and positive work environment.
- Must bring a positive attitude and be of a pleasant, courteous and professional manner as well as being punctual, team player and reliable.
- Ensure that confidential matters remain confidential and be willing to sign an oath of confidentiality and oath of employment.
- Must provide three (3) written references along with resume.
- Submit a current criminal records check including a vulnerable sector check.
DEADLINE: Monday, March 15, 2021
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O Box 609, Broadview, SK, S0G 0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview. Please ensure you submit all required documentation.