DEPARTMENT: Kihew Fabco Fabrication Shop
DEADLINE: Monday November 30th, 2020
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Custodian shall be under the direction and supervision of the Shop Manger. The duties of the Custodian shall be usually associated with the general care, and cleanliness of the building(s). The Custodian shall follow the order or regulations that may be issued by the Shop Manager. The Custodian shall establish and maintain a good working rapport with the Shop Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- It shall be the duty of the Custodian to do the following when on shift:
- Disinfect all door handles and washrooms before each work day;
- dust, mop, and clean all floors;
- clean and disinfect lunch room and all offices,
- clean and disinfect bathrooms, sinks, toilets and urinals;
- remove and dispose all garbage, litter and refuse;
- clean all garbage containers;
- refill all bathroom supplies;
- cleaning and ensuring that all entrances and hallways remain free of obstruction and litter;
- on leaving, secure or lock all doors and set alarm systems;
- keep the custodian’s rooms clean and tidy; keep all chemicals in safe place;
- maintain a neat and clean personal appearance in keeping with that expected from any staff members;
- keep the grounds and building walls free of objectionable markings;
- report plumbing, electrical. heating and any other required repairs to the Supervisor;
- in general, keep the building and grounds properly clean and neat, and in a safe, sanitary, and attractive condition at all times;
- work the hours as contracted;
- respect and treat all staff, and visitors in a friendly and cordial manner.
- Shall not bring any other person, unless authorized, to the job site.
- the Supervisor reserves the right to make reasonable modifications, additions, or deletions from the above schedule of duties.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent with some custodial experience.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to function as a team member.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment.
- Be able to understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products.
- Possess the ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal supervision, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with the public, and staff.
- Must be punctual, dependable and reliable.
- Submit a current vulnerable sector check and drug test report within 30 days of employment offer.
- Possess a class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
A probationary period of three (3) months for each new employee and an annual evaluation on the anniversary date of employment.
Kihew Fabco Fabrication Shop
P.O Box 609, Broadview, SK, S0G 0K0
Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview. Please ensure you submit all required documentation.