POSITION: DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
WAGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Education Committee and Director of Operations, the Director of
Education will be responsible for the coordination, implementation, and evaluation of all Kahkewistahaw First Nation
education programs from early learning through post-secondary education. This position also supports student success by
providing academic and career counselling to high school and post-secondary students. Proposal writing and reporting to
funding agencies will also be required. The Director of Education shall service as the chief advisor and consultant to the
Education Committee on all education programming, administrative and delivery matters.
1. Prepare and transmit to the department any reports and returns that may from time to time be required by the Director
of Operations and/or Chief & Council.
2. Ensure that the CKCS school are conducted in accordance with the regulations and the policies of the
Kahkewistahaw First Nation in all matters within its jurisdiction.
3. Exercise general supervision of the schools and the work of principals, teachers, and other personnel employed by
the Kahkewistahaw First Nation.
4. Provide leadership with respect to educational policies and practices.
5. Act as a liaison between the Education Committee and the professional staff and the public with respect to the
efficiency and advancement of education in the school division.
6. Develop and implement both short and long-term tactical and strategic plans in accordance with business goals and
7. Provide leadership for strategic business development and key corporate planning issues on major business
8. Assist the Director of Finance and Principal in managing project budgets, forecasts, and long-term financial plans;
ensure corporate adherence to annual budgets.
9. Keep the Education Committee informed about business activities, potential threats, opportunities, and
10. Develop and maintain effective relationships with municipal, provincial, and federal government agencies, as well
as professional organizations such as consultancy firms and auditors.
11. Direct and advise policy through research, program offerings, preparing documents or administering programs for
elementary and secondary school systems.
12. Perform other duties as may be required or assigned by the Education Committee and/or Director of Operations.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Excellent project management and administration skills
2. Minimum qualifications would be a master’s degree in Education from an institution recognized by the
Saskatchewan Ministry of Education is preferred.
3. Saskatchewan Professional “A” Teaching Certificate.
4. Eligibility for membership in League of Educational Administrators, Directors and Superintendents (LEADS)
5. Knowledge of Saskatchewan Core Curriculum and Sask. Learning initiatives.
6. Knowledge of the role of other Human Service Agencies in the support of learning.
7. Knowledge of working in a First Nation Community and School would be an asset.
8. Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
9. Submit a current up-to-date criminal record check (CPIC).
10. Must provide three (3) current written references along with updated resume.
11. Submit a current up-to-date criminal record check (CPIC) and drug screen test, if selected for position.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an intervie