POSITION: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR ROVER
DEPARTMENT: ALICE FRANCIS DAYCARE
WAGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Early Childhood Educator Rover will be responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate
daycare program for the children of the Alice Francis Daycare in accordance with Alice Francis Daycare Policies
and Procedures. The Early Childhood Educator Rover will be responsible for planning and supervising the AfterSchool Programming. The Early Childhood Educator Rover will be respectful of the children, parents, staff, and
community members and ensure equipment and work/play areas are clean, safe and well maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan and implement afterschool activities that meet physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of
the children as well as engaging.
2. Assist all AFD Staff with the day-to-day activities of the daycare and head start programs.
3. Ensure equipment and the facilities are safe, clean, and well always maintained.
4. Follow all Emergency Procedures.
5. Ensure children are always supervised according to staff and child ratios.
6. Build children’s esteem.
7. Establish routines and use positive guidance strategies.
8. Provide a safe, comforting, and secure environment for the children.
9. Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
10. Record and keep records on individual children including incidents, daily observations, information on
activities, food intake, toileting log and diaper changes.
11. Assist in preparing meals and snacks using the Canada food guide for children and regulate rest periods.
12. Must be able to effectively communicate with parents in a variety of ways.
13. Must be flexible and adaptable to work with other children in the daycare and head start.
14. Must report any suspected abuse immediately to the Early Years Coordinator.
15. Maintain the confidentially of the Daycare, Head start and Nursery Programs and its’ clients and families.
16. Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Kahkewistahaw First Nation.
17. Other duties as may be assigned by the Education Committee, Early Years Coordinator or as stated in
1. Possess a grade 12 with an Early Childhood Education Diploma with 1-2 years’ experience.
2. Certificates in First Aid and CPR.
3. Certificate in Safe Food Handling from a recognized institution.
4. Possess a valid driver’s licence and own a reliable vehicle
5. Must bring a positive attitude and be of a pleasant, courteous and professional manner as well as being
punctual, team player and reliable.
6. Ensure that confidential maters remain confidential and be willing to sign an oath of confidentiality and
oath of employment.
7. Must provide three (3) written references along with resume.
8. Submit a current criminal records check.
9. Must provide a drug screening test if selected for the position.
DEADLINE: Tuesday November 29, 2022 @ 4;30PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O Box 609, Broadview, SK, S0G 0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #265
Fax: (306) 696-3201
Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview. Please ensure you submit all required documentation