POSITION: EARLY YEARS COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: ALICE FRANCIS DAYCARE/HEAD START
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT – FULL TIME
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Early Years Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Daycare and Head Start facility for the First Nation. The major focus of this position
is to ensure the scholastic success of the children are met at all levels of educational activity. The Early
Years Coordinator shall serve the function of administrative officer for the Daycare & Head Start
programs, but they shall immediately be responsible and accountable to the Education Committee.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as a supervisor for the total operations of the Daycare and Head Start programs.
2. Conduct all educational correspondence relative to the position and reports to the Education
3. Work as a team member supporting the daily operations of the program.
4. Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children, parents and staff.
5. Must be able to effectively communicate with parents and staff.
6. Oversee and ensure the preparation of educational data, statistics and reports.
7. Verify and coordinate with the Finance Department the collection of daycare fees.
8. Coordinate community/parent meetings/seminars and workshops.
9. Plan and ensure activities are carried out to meet the physical, emotional and social development
needs of the children in the respective programs.
10. Ensure the provision of a nutritious snack and lunch programs for the children.
11. Ensure the equipment, toys, and facilities are clean and sanitized on a daily basis by the staff.
12. Ensure performance evaluations are completed on a three month and/or yearly basis for staff.
13. Ensure the Daycare and Head Start programs are adequately staffed during the day-to-day
operations to meet the child ratios.
14. Ensure centres and activities are changed regularly according to children’s interests.
15. Ensure safety emergency procedures are practiced and carried out.
16. Provide opportunities for training and development for staff members.
17. Review and approve purchases within established spending authorities.
18. Keep parents informed of program expectations, activities and their child’s progress.
19. Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Kahkewistahaw First Nation.
20. Assume any other related duties as may be assigned by the Principal, the Director of Education,
or the Education Committee.
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Possess a minimum of Grade 12 with an Early Childhood Education Diploma with 2-3 years’ of
2. Strong organization and management skills to include financial planning and staff scheduling.
3. Have excellent administrative and financial skills, e.g. Budgeting, reporting and monitoring.
4. Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
5. Strong leadership and conflict management skills.
6. Must be punctual, reliable, and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
7. Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, possess excellent time management skills,
take direction and work with minimal supervision.
8. Certificates in First Aid/CPR and Safe Food Handling.
9. Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
10. Submit a pre-employment drug screen and current Criminal Records check within thirty days of
11. Must provide three (3) current references along with updated resume.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201