POSITION: EARLY YEARS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: HEALTH DEPARTMENT
CLASSIFICATION: TERM POSITION
WAGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Early Years Program Coordinator provides support to young families in the community. He/she will be
supervised by the Health Director and report to the Health Portfolio Councillor, with overall accountability to the
Kahkewistahaw First Nation Chief & Council. He/she will ensure that program is delivered as directed by the
funding agreements as per the service agreements provide by Yorkton Tribal Council. He/she must adhere to all
policies and procedures within the First Nation. This program is available for children under 6 years of age in
accordance with funding agreements.
1. Oversee the process of the delivery of program and services in the areas of the Jordan’s Principle and
Maternal Health Home Visiting and the Children Oral Health Initiatives.
2. Act as primary liaison between Health Canada, Yorkton Tribal Council, Jordan’s Principle, community
partners, and any other network organizations.
3. Coordinate all early year’s programming utilizing all available resources.
4. Convene, identify team leads and support health education teams.
5. Coordinate and support the self-assessment and evaluation processes,
6. Organize logistics for the on-site survey.
7. Navigate the on-line portal including assigning responsibilities and coordinating information,
8. Coordinate on-site education sessions.
9. Support ongoing quality improvement efforts and include accreditation practices and procedures.
10. Any other duties as assigned by Immediate Supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Excellent project management and administration skills
2. Strong interpersonal skills.
3. Strong problem-solving skills. Resourceful. Creative
4. Works well under pressure, able to meet demanding deadlines with a calm manner.
5. Excellent time management skills.
6. Excellent written and communication skills.
7. Advanced computer knowledge
8. Demonstrated ability to produce timely results.
9. Demonstrated excellent judgment within the scope of duties.
10. Patience and coaching skills
11. Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
12. Submit a current up-to-date criminal record check (CPIC).
13. Must provide three (3) current written references along with updated resume.
14. Submit a current up-to-date criminal record check (CPIC) and drug screen test, if selected for position.
DEADLINE: Monday, May 31, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an i