POSITION: FAMILY CONNECTIONS PROGRAM WORKER
DEPARTMENT: CONNECTING & STRENGTHENING FAMILIES
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME
WAGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
Due to the sensitivity of the client information involved, this individual will only report to the Kahkewistahaw
Family Connections Manager. This individual will provide frontline support to the Family Connections Manager and
the Family Connections Committee. The Kahkewistahaw Family Connections Program Worker will assist in
providing an alternate approach to the well-being of the child, the family and the community that is based on the
foundations of First Nations values and beliefs. The Family Connections Program Worker will network with the
programs and services locally, provincially and nationally. The ultimate goal will be to reduce the number of Child
Protection Intakes and the repatriation of children in care in other jurisdictions as well as the reunification of children
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. To advise and collaborate with respect to program development and active access to existing
programs in the community.
2. Maintain statistics on the Kahkewistahaw children in care, in province and out of province.
3. Assist in the preparation of reports for the Chief and Council and the Kahkewistahaw Family
Support Committee meetings on basic activities, accomplishments and areas of concern on a
monthly, quarterly and annual basis while remaining within the parameters of PIPEDA, the
Kahkewistahaw Code of Confidentiality and the YTL/YTCCFS Code of Confidentiality and the
“Need to Know Rule”.
4. Assist with the Policy Development for the Kahkewistahaw First Nation “Connecting and
5. Assist with the development of budgets, secure venue(s), presenters, babysitting services and rides for the
participants of workshops.
6. Assist the child and/or family to achieve their objectives for cultural and community connections.
7. Assist the Family Connections Manager and the family in accessing positive social safety network.
8. Acting in the best interest of the child, this individual may be included/called in the event of a
Child Protection Intake, or Community Crisis.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Family Connections Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Certificate in Social Work or Guidance and Counseling with 12 months of direct experience and/or
2 years of experience in working in Human Services Area.
2. Work experience in a related field of two (2) years would be a definite asset.
3. Must have strong organizational skills and work independently with minimal supervision.
4. Must have strong written and oral communication skills
5. Be punctual, dependable, and reliable and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
6. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team member and must be able to take direction.
7. Must possess basic computer knowledge.
8. Possess a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
9. Submit three (3) references along with updated resume.
10. Provide current criminal records check, child abuse history check, and drug screen result within
thirty days if chosen as the successful candidate.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 @ 4:30 p.m.
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #264
Fax: (306) 696-3201