POSITION: FINANCE CLERK II
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT, FULL TIME
The Finance Clerk II will be supervised by the Director of Finance with the overall
accountability to Chief & Council. The Finance Clerk II is a support position for the finance department
and staff. They should be knowledgeable with Kahkewistahaw First Nation’s Financial Administration Law
& Financial Policies and Procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Computerized accounting system functions as directed by budget and program managers.
2. Prepare and process cheque requisitions and payments.
3. Examine for accuracy, all invoices and expense claim forms for payment.
4. Collect, sort, and attach purchase order forms to each invoice for bill payment.
5. Process accounts payable functions and reconciliations as assigned.
6. Ensure proper authorization and source documentation is provided for all transactions.
7. Develop spreadsheets when required for various financial reports.
8. Ensure secure and restricted access to accounting records and computer files.
9. Safeguard finance office documents, files, equipment, and material.
10. Direct inquiries for financial information to the appropriate personnel.
11. Assist the finance staff with clerical duties as required.
12. Maintain accurate, client, administration, and accounting file system.
13. Provide information regarding approved financial policies.
14. Any other duties as assigned or revised for reassignment by immediate supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Diploma or certificate in Office Education and some accounting experience would be an asset.
2. Minimum of 1-2 years experience with computerized accounting practices and office procedures.
3. Possess excellent communication skills, written and oral.
4. Must be able to work independently and cooperatively as a team member.
5. Must have strong organizational skills.
6. Must possess high standards of professional qualities.
7. Possess the ability to maintain the management of confidential information in a manner that protects the
rights of the First Nation.
8. Have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
9. Must provide three (3) current references along with updated resume.
10. Submit a current criminal record check (CPIC) and drug screening test if selected for the position.
DEADLINE: Friday, January 28, 2022 @ 3:00 PM
Human Resource Department
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201