POSITION: GOVERNANCE COOK
DEPARTMENT: GOVERNANCE CENTER
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT, FULLTIME
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Governance Cook will prepare menus and meals for the
staff and visitors of the Chief Joseph Crowe Governance Center. They will also cater meals and
snacks for meetings being held in the building during work hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare and serve meals from cafeteria-style menus for the staff and visitors of the Chief
Joseph Crowe Governance Center.
2. Cater meals/snacks and beverages for meetings being held during work hours.
3. Order, receive and track supplies, maintaining inventory.
4. Ensure Food Safe conditions are exceeded at all times during all touch points.
5. Operate, clean and maintain food services equipment and facilities.
6. Receiving and maintaining proper rotation of products to minimize wastage.
7. Record waste, manage leftovers, package and label foods.
8. Preform general cleaning duties of kitchen and cafeteria; remove trash and garbage to
9. Any other duties as assigned by Immediate Supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Possess a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent with 2+ years experience cooking in a food
2. Safe Food Handlers Level 1 Certification.
3. Able to lift, carry, and pull up to 50lbs and able to stand/walk throughout shift.
4. Demonstrate a working knowledge of math skills where costing is concerned.
5. Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
6. Strong leadership and conflict management skills.
7. Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
8. Submit a pre-employment drug screen and current Criminal Records check within thirty
days of commencing employment.
9. Must provide three (3) current references along with updated resume.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #265
Fax: (306) 696-3201