POSITION: HEALTH RECEPTIONIST
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT, FULL TIME
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Health Receptionist provides clerical support services to the staff of the Kahkewistahaw Health Center. The
Health Receptionist is supervised by the Health Director with an overall accountability to the Health Portfolio
Councillor and Chief & Council. They will be responsible for the maintenance of health central files, medical
files, supplies and equipment inventories.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for answering phones and relaying messages to the appropriate staff in a professional and
2. Responsible for coordinating and updating public information relating to the Health Department.
3. Responsible for maintaining the health supplies inventories and forwarding requests for purchases as
4. Responsible for assisting with committee meetings and materials, recording, transcribing of meeting
minutes for the Health Committee.
5. Responsible for clerical support services for the attending Health Professionals.
6. Responsible for arranging appointments for the membership for the attending Health Professionals.
7. Ensure that all client files are secure and in a place that restricts access to the general public.
8. Responsible for maintaining the daily, weekly and monthly itineraries for the health staff.
9. Any other duties as requested from Immediate Supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. The Receptionist must possess excellent public reception skills and the ability to communicate with all
types of people in a professional and courteous manner.
2. Have the skills to operate a computer with MSOffice applications and working knowledge of database
3. Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to function as a health team member.
4. Have excellent written communication skills with absolute attention to detail in the management of
manual and electronic health records.
5. Have sound knowledge of how the health policies and regulations are administered.
6. Possess the ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and to be sensitive to the health issues of the
Kahkewistahaw First Nation community.
7. Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality on a yearly basis.
8. Have the skill to manage confidential information according to health program requirements and practices.
9. Possess the ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal supervision in a timely and efficient
10. Be punctual, dependable, and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
11. Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
12. Submit a pre-employment drug screen and current Criminal Records check within thirty days of
13. Must provide three (3) current written references along with updated resume.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, September 20th, 2023 @ 4:30pm
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #265
Fax: (306) 696-3201