POSITION: HEALTH SERVICES MANAGER
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT – FULL TIME
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The candidate will assist in implementing the Kahkewistahaw First Nation
Health Plan and obtaining/upkeeping accreditation, while continually ensuring that the community members
have access to efficient and quality health services. The position reports to the Health Director and will support
the operational and planning oversight as well as assist planning and service delivery system wide.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Working side by side with the Health Director of Kahkewistahaw First Nation.
2. Ensuring the Health programs being delivered are consistent with the Community Health Plan and existing
3. Ensure and supervise the development of case management in all health programs and services
4. Be responsible for ensuring program activities and financial reports are submitted to the respective funding
agencies in accordance with the agreements
5. Be responsible for preparing/assisting the health committee with regular meetings and program development
review and/or amendments as required
6. Prepares a variety of correspondence, including agendas, reports, proposal writing for review and signature and
tracking as needed.
7. Assist the Health Director in monitoring the flow of revenue and expenditures and prepare the annual budgets
8. Prepare and apply for additional sources of funding for health programs and assisting in the proposal submissions.
9. Respond to band member requests in a timely manner regarding health issues or any assistance that may be
provided within the First Nation and help liaison with Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB)
10. Develops and maintains new and existing administrative procedures and processes specific to the position.
11. Works collaboratively as a contributing member of the team responsible for delivering Health services.
12. Assisting with facilitating the development and implementation of all related policies and the long-term goals of
the Community Health Plan.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Office or Business Administration Diploma or related.
2. Posses or work towards a First Nation Health Manager Certification
3. Experience providing senior administrative and executive support in a confidential environment.
4. Strong computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft software and databases.
5. Organization and management skills to include financial planning.
6. Must be punctual, reliable, and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
7. Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, possess excellent time management skills, take direction
and work with minimal supervision.
8. Excellent ability to see the big picture, anticipate problems, organize, and coordinate appropriate responses.
9. Possess the ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and be sensitive to the health issues of the community
and committed to improving the quality of life for Kahkewistahaw First Nation community members.
10. Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
11. Submit a employment drug screen and current Criminal Records check prior to the commencement of
12. Must provide three (3) current references along with updated resume.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, October 4, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #264
Fax: (306) 696-3201