POSITION: HOUSING MAINTENANCE WORKER
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: TERM – 40 WEEKS
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the CMHC Technician and accountable to the Chief and Council, the Housing Maintenance
Worker will perform a variety of tasks related to renovations for the Kahkewistahaw 200+ housing units. Under
the general guidance of the CMHC Technician, the Housing Maintenance Worker will address housing work
orders to various units daily.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct small repairs and renovations to all housing units. Work orders that require professionals to
conduct the work must be reported back to the Housing Administrative Assistant for follow up with the
2. Pay close attention to detail with safety being a priority at all times.
3. Have a understanding of good client relations.
4. Have a willingness to learn new skills.
5. Assist with cleaning and preparing job sites when requested while working in an efficient manner.
6. Loading and delivering materials and appliances.
7. Removing debris from sites and using a variety of tools and machines such as power drills, levels, lifts,
saws, grinders, pressure washers, etc.
8. May from time to time work with the Operations and Maintenance department; • Other duties as
assigned from Immediate Supervisor
9. Comply with all the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Policies and Procedures.
10. Any other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Possess a grade 12 or equivalent.
2. Must have good written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with band members,
employees, external agencies and Chief and Council.
3. Must have physical strength, hand eye coordination and endurance due to the demands of the job.
4. Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
5. Be well organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
6. Highly motivated and ability to work in a demanding and fast paced work environment.
7. Be punctual, dependable and be willing to take direction.
8. Be able to work with other employees and work with minimal supervision.
9. Have a valid driver’s license and reliable truck would be an asset.
10. Must provide three (3) current written references along with updated resume.
11. Submit a current up-to-date criminal record check (CPIC) and drug screen within thirty-days
DEADLINE: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O Box 609, Broadview, SK, S0G 0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201