POSITION: HOUSING MAINTENANCE WORKER
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and accountable to the Chief and Council, the Housing
Maintenance Worker will perform a variety of tasks related to renovations for the Kahkewistahaw 200+
housing units. Under the general guidance of the Director of Infrastructure, the Housing Maintenance Worker
will address housing work orders to various units daily.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct small repairs and renovations to all housing units. Work orders that require professionals to
conduct the work must be reported back to the Housing Administrative Assistant for follow up with the
Director of Infrastructure.
2. Pay close attention to detail with safety being a priority at all times.
3. Have a understanding of good client relations.
4. Have a willingness to learn new skills.
5. Assist with cleaning and preparing job sites when requested while working in an efficient manner.
6. Loading and delivering materials and appliances.
7. Removing debris from sites and using a variety of tools and machines such as power drills, levels, lifts,
saws, grinders, pressure washers, etc.
8. May from time-to-time work with the Operations and Maintenance department.
9. Comply with all the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Policies and Procedures.
10. Other duties as assigned from Immediate Supervisor
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Possess a grade 12 or equivalent.
2. Must have good written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with band members, employees,
external agencies and Chief and Council.
3. Must have physical strength, hand eye coordination and endurance due to the demands of the job.
4. Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
5. Be well organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
6. Highly motivated and ability to work in a demanding and fast paced work environment.
7. Be punctual, dependable and be willing to take direction.
8. Be able to work with other employees and work with minimal supervision.
9. Must have a valid driver’s license.
10. Must provide three (3) current written references along with updated resume.
11. Submit a current up-to-date criminal record check (CPIC) and drug screen within thirty-days commencing
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 20th, 2023 @ 4:30pm
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #265
Fax: (306) 696-3201
Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview. Please ensure you submit all required