POSITION: HOUSING YOUTH INTERN ASSISTANT
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: TERM POSITION – 38 WEEKS
*Based on funding requirements, this opportunity is only available to those between the
ages of 18 – 30 years of age *
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Housing Director, the Housing Youth Intern Assistant will perform an array of administrative duties. The primary role of the Housing Youth Intern Assistant is to provide mid-level support to the Housing department. This position is intended to equip and enable youth between the ages of 18 and 30 years with skills and mentorship in the administrative area by providing practical training. The clients would gain entry level training, practical hands-on training, essential skills training, and employability skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to the Housing department and team (directing phone calls, emails, correspondence, schedules/appointments, dictation, meeting attendance, minute taking, and other daily routines).
- Become familiar with and maintain the Housing Department office systems, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as any external requirements that may apply.
- Develop and maintain filing system.
- Ability to maintain positive, professional working relations with staff, community and the general
- Strong public relations skills.
- High degree of trust and confidentiality.
- Comply with all the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Policies and Procedures.
- Must punch in and out to confirm workdays and comply with the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Employment Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Assume any other duties as may be assigned by the Immediate Supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be between the age of 18-30 years, funding is through the CMHC Housing Internship for Indigenous Youth Programming.
- Possess excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- Be of a pleasant and professional manner as well as being punctual and reliable.
- Ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Be able to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Possess a working knowledge of First Nation housing programs and services.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle would be an asset.
- Must provide three (3) current references along with an updated typed resume.
- Submit an updated Criminal Records Check (CPIC) with your application employment.
- Must provide a drug screening test if selected for the position.
DEADLINE: June 14, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201