Kahkewistahaw Gas & Convenience Store (“KGCS”) is seeking an experienced General Manager to oversee daily activities of its Petro-Canada retail fuel and convenience store located in Yorkton, SK. As an ideal candidate, you’ll have a sharp business mind and proven success managing retail fuel businesses toward maximum profitability.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
Reporting to senior management, the successful candidate will be responsible for the complete management of one of our Petro-Canada branded gas station sites including:
- Customer Service;
- Inventory and cash control procedures;
- Ordering merchandise;
- Merchandise Presentation;
- Staff management including hiring, training, scheduling, payroll management and disciplining of approximately 20 people;
- Margin analysis and control;
- Assist in developing new sales opportunities;
- Review reports to help identify opportunities and successes;
- Regulatory and Environmental control and management;
- Assist and support other Senior Management and site managers as required;
- Building & property maintenance; and
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive Retail Management is required. Experience in Gas Station/Convenience Store management would be an asset;
- Strong budget development and oversight skills;
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes; and
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of management software programs, including QuickBooks and PayWorks;
- Strong IT skills, including database development; and
- Multiple years of financial and account reporting.
Type of Employment
This is a full-time salaried position based in Yorkton, SK and potentially including duties in Saskatoon, SK. The successful candidate must be willing to work extended hours including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and shift work (as required).
Compensation: Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience
Please send resume and cover letter electronically to: email@example.com.
Application deadline July 31, 2021