POSITION: CKCS COMMUNITY LIAISON
DEPARTMENT: CHIEF KAHKEWISTAHAW COMMUNITY SCHOOL
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT – FULL TIME
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Community Liaison is a support position for the Students at Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School. He/she will be supervised by the Principal and accountable to Chief & Council. The Community Liaison in most instances shall be involved cooperatively in a liaison role with parents, teachers, and students in counseling situation with the objective to improve learning, educational opportunities and assist to reach expected personal goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide consultative and advisory service and act as a liaison between students, parents, school staff, and other professional personnel.
- Shall be responsible for establishing a file on every student that includes record of attendance, referral reports, corrective recommendation and actions, follow-up procedures and any other matter pertaining to the student’s education program.
- As an essential part of all counseling, the School Liaison should teach students/parents how to make good decisions and assist students/parents to set proper attainable personal goals.
- Shall report to the Education Committee monthly or more often if necessary.
- Shall attend all meetings of staff, parents, and case conferences.
- The School Liaison shall be familiar with all Education Committee policy as pertained to student’s education.
- Shall monitor the schoolwork of students who are absent due to chronic illness, those who are on home study programs.
- Obtain a projected list of pre-school children for school and ensure that all students are registered with the Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School.
- Investigate student problems as soon as they are identified.
- Shall assist in the preparation of the Nominal Roll.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining records of distribution and supply inventory for all tuition students.
- Maintain a daily log of performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Liaison for the student transportation program. Develop bussing routes to ensure that all students have access to transportation. Assist in arranging transportation to parent teacher interviews.
- Do home visits to provide an opportunity for all students/parents to voice any concerns when warranted.
- Arrange for traditional counselling of students with Elders and ensure all protocols of Elder engagement are practiced.
- Assume any other related duties as may be assigned by the Principal, the Director of Education, or the Education Committee.
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Possess a minimum of Grade 12, some post-secondary education and 2 – 3 years’ experience working with students.
- Strong organization and management skills to include financial planning.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Strong leadership and conflict management skills.
- Must be punctual, reliable, and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, possess excellent time management skills, take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
- Submit a pre-employment drug screen and current Criminal Records check prior to the commencement of employment.
- Must provide three (3) current references along with updated resume.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, January 26, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201