POSITION: ROVING ADMIN ASSISTANTS
WAGE RANGE: $15.00/HOUR
CLASSIFICATION: TERM – 26 WEEKS
*Based on funding requirements, applicants must be between the age of 18-34 years old and a recipient of
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The primary role of the Roving Administration Assistants is to provide administrative support to any
department within the First Nation as deemed necessary. They must be reliable and should accurately
follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatize in a fast-paced environment. These
positions are intended to equip and enable youth between the ages of 18-34 years with skills and
mentorship in the administrative area by providing practical training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assisting with day-to-day operations of the functions and duties of the department assigned.
2. Provide clerical and administrative support.
3. Have a high degree of trust and confidentiality.
4. Communicating clearly, both in writing and verbally, in order to create a clear and communicative
environment with the public and other staff.
5. Display strong customer service skills and be a demonstrated team player.
6. Organizational and time management skills.
7. Prioritizing and planning work activities while effectively making use of time efficiently while managing a
high volume, diverse workload.
8. Multitasking; being able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
9. Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
10. Being able to gather and interpret a large amount of information.
11. Strong attention to detail and ensuring standard specifications are met, including high-level proofreading.
12. Entering and reviewing data efficiently and accurately.
13. Staying focused during highly repetitive tasks.
14. Comply with all the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Policies and Procedures.
15. Any other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Possess a grade 12 or equivalent.
2. Must have good written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with band members, employees,
external agencies and Chief and Council.
3. Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Ability to conduct research.
5. Highly motivated and ability to work in a demanding and fast paced work environment.
6. Be punctual, dependable and be willing to take direction.
7. Be able to work with other employees and work with minimal supervision.
8. Have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
9. Must provide three (3) current written references along with updated resume.
10. Submit a current up-to-date criminal record check (CPIC) and drug screen within thirty-days commencing
DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #265
Fax: (306) 696-3201