We are pleased to provide tuition support and living allowance to eligible members while they pursue their academic education. Qualifying programs must be 32 weeks in duration or more, and must lead to a certificate, diploma, or degree which will provide a viable career opportunity. There is also a limited budget for shorter courses through Adult Training. Contact us for more information.
All Kahkewistahaw Members are eligible for post-secondary funding, but we do not necessarily have enough funding to fully provide for everyone. In 2020, about 42 KFN Members received financial support. Priority goes to students who:
- Have recently graduated grade 12
- Have graduated grade 12 with honours
- Are applying for funding for the first time
New and continuing students are urged to submit their complete funding application (with all paperwork and documentation) with plenty of time before the deadline dates below, in case of errors or problems.
If you are a Grade 12 graduate and member of the Kahkewistahaw First Nation and wish to apply for funding through this program, you are advised to contact our Education Coordinator for consultation including the documentation required for you to complete your application.
Funding Application Deadline Dates
- February 28 – Spring/Summer
- April 30 – Fall Semester
- September 30 – Winter Semester
* Please note: These deadline dates are final, with no exceptions. Continuing students who do not submit their applications to continue funding by the deadline date are in danger of losing funding.
For questions about post-secondary funding or your application, please contact our Post-Secondary Coordinator Charlene Alexson.